Friday, December 14, 2007

Medical Leave & Someone Gets Auf'd

Wednesday was a sad day for me. Yes, that's right, we had to say goodbye to our first piece of eye candy on "Project Runway": Jack. At least Kevin is still there so not all hope is lost.

So sad to see him go, but it was even more upsetting that he had to leave because of a medical condition. Poor guy. I'm glad he was able to show some talent while he was on the show. Maybe he can audition again next season & get on the show again. Regardless, I hope his treatment works out for him & he gets his health back as much as he can.

And now for the fashion part of the show...

I'll come right out and say it: Steven's dress was horrendous. I kept saying "She looks like a maid!" during his model's fitting (Nina stole my line). However, it wasn't too poorly made, despite the last minute glue, and he definitely incorporated more of the original piece (an equally horrendous wedding dress. Okay, that's a lie- the wedding dress was worse) into his dress than Jillian did. Her dress was well made, but c'mon, she didn't use any of the original material. That's just not fair.

Based on the funeral-attending French maid dress, I suppose Steven should've been the one to go home (which is what ended up happening). But I still think that Jillian just didn't follow the rules and that should've trumped Steven's judgment error on his dress.

I propose that we overthrow Nina Garcia on the judges' panel and give me a shot at deciding what's hot and what's not.

Until next Wednesday... Auf wiedersehen.

No comments: