Monday, December 10, 2007

A Gift for Granny

You would think that I'd have learned my lesson by now: plan out Christmas gifts earlier in the winter. But does that stop me from waiting around? Not at all.

I'm getting a little better though because I'm currently contemplating the gift for the most difficult person to shop for in my entire extended family: my grandma. After turning over multiple ideas in my head, I've still got nothing. Absolutely nothing.

Here's the basic rundown on things that she loves to do: cook (and boy, is she good at it), collect pictures of the whole family, and watch LSU football. That's it.

So what do I do about this?

She's pretty set in her ways when it comes to cooking. She doesn't need anymore cookware and certainly has no use for a cookbook.

Her house is literally covered in framed photos of the extended family. No lie; it's wall-to-wall. I don't think she has anymore wall space for another picture.

I considered getting her an LSU football blanket or something like that, but that's problematic for a couple reasons. A.) She is always hot. Always. Her house is fifty below and she thinks she's in a sauna. What use would she have with a blanket? B.) The purple and gold would NOT match the interior design of her home. Trust me, she wouldn't dare throw a blanket over the back of her floral-print couch. The blanket would just go in the hall closet where she keeps all her other spares.

I haven't visited the Hill Country Galleria yet. Maybe they'll have the perfect gift for her already waiting for me. I just hope I can find it.

No comments: