Monday, September 17, 2007

My First Ever Austin City Limits Festival

I had a one day pass to ACL on Saturday, given to me by my sister in agreement that we would be seeing The White Stripes together. Sadly, I had to break the news to her when they dropped out of what would've been our first ACL Fest together (or at all). She immediately decided to boycott the event and I was on my own.

I was unsuccessful selling my second ticket (originally my sister's) in the two days before the show started, but as I walked up to the entrance of ACL, a couple passed me and jokingly asked if I had an extra ticket. They were shocked that I did and even more shocked that I sold it to them for exactly the price we paid for it (hey, jacking up the price on somebody isn't what I'm about).

Though I've never been to ACL, I have been to South by Southwest the past five years in a row. Still, I was not prepared for what I saw. It is absolutely mind blowing to see the thousands of ACL-goers strolling about Zilker Park. Instantly, I felt the buzz of energy surging from every direction.

After meeting up with a friend at the bar, we headed over to see Back Door Slam (superb). The heat wasn't too unbearable, but maybe it was the sheer excitement of ACL that kept me from dwelling on the fact that I literally looked like I just jumped into a swimming pool. A little sweat never hurt anyone.

Honestly, that was the best concert/festival/musical event I have ever been to. Hands down. I will definitely be back next year.

My lineup:
Back Door Slam
Augustana
Cold War Kids
Blue October
Andrew Bird
Damien Rice
Cross Canadian Ragweed
Muse

more on a few artists later...

No comments: