Thursday, September 20, 2007

Disappointment in Becks

Soccer fans and strictly David Beckham fans (yes, there's a difference) are getting frustrated with Becks. Major League Soccer has spent an astronomical amount of money on him and he can't seem to stay healthy. What is the deal?!

Personall, I'm getting frustrated with him because I want to watch him play live at least once, which is something I honestly never thought would happen. Now that my dreams have come true and he's in America, he can't leave the bench in L.A. I'm not completely outraged because one of my all-time favorite players is a teammate of his that CAN stay fit: Landon Donovan. At least I can still watch him shine on the field.

I went to a game a few months ago that Becks should've played in, but... you guessed it! He re-injured himself the week before the game.

I'm going to another game in three weeks that he should be playing in, but he was injured AGAIN.

I know, I know. He's not doing this on purpose, and he's not actually injuring himself; he's just a casualty of the sport. But really, Becks: hit the gym. Maybe you need to toughen up a bit to avoid all the injuries.

No comments: